HISTORY OF THE CAMP
The Camp traces its history during the Japanese occupation. On January 20, 1945, after the province was liberated from Japanese Imperial Army, all guerilla forces were reorganized. Major Ramon Ruffy assumed the Command as the first Provincial Commander until 1946. On June 17, 1945, a newly organized unit which was designated as 53rd Military Police Coy with the strength of 150 enlisted men and 4 officers arrived from Cebu with Captain Jarmilla as its Commanding Officer.
Camp General Efigenio C Navarro was named after General Efiginio C Navarro, a native of Bano, Pangasinan who served as Provincial Commander of the 262nd PC Company based at this Camp from February 1967-August 17, 1970. The camp was named after Gen Navarro because of the legacy he left to the Province. During his incumbency, crime rate in the province considerably decreased due to the civic action he introduced to the masses. Every detachment under his unit undertook the manufacture of toilet bowls which were sold to the barrio schools and rural areas for P3.00 each. Handicrafts, dressmaking, tailoring and other household jobs were also taught in the barrios because of the coordinating efforts of the Philippine Constabulary under his watch. As a result, all forms of illegal vices were totally eradicated. When he retired, the Nationalista Party (NP) fielded then retired General Efigenio C Navarro as their candidate for Governor of Mindoro Oriental but he lost the race to to Atty. Hicoblino M Catly of the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan who won the Local Election on January 30, 1980. The camp is military reservation of 15.63 hectartes and presently occupied by the Mindoro Oriental Police Provincial office, 409th Police Provincial Mobile Group and other Regional Support Units. Hence, Mindoro Police Provincial Office is co-located with PRO MIMAROPA Regional Headquarters.